Becoming a Patient
Thank you for your interest in becoming a patient at Pueblo Community Health Center. Our services are top quality, whether you need a routine physical exam, prenatal care, one-on-one help managing your diabetes or depression, or any other service we provide. We also have several special population programs here at PCHC. We are here to help YOU!
Before you are seen by one of our providers, we will need some basic information. Please choose the category that best suits your needs:
I have private health insurance, Medicaid, and/or Medicare.
Call the Registration Department at (719) 543-8711 before you make a medical appointment. You may be asked to update your current information, i.e. your name, address, phone number, insurance information, and other information. Arrive 15 minutes early for your first medical appointment to fill out a patient registration form. Please bring your Social Security card and private insurance/Medicaid/Medicare card(s).
I don’t have health insurance.
If you do not have health insurance, you must follow the registration Process below:
You no longer need a scheduled appointment to meet with an Enrollment Representative to enroll in the health plan that is best for you and your family. You can walk-in to the following locations:
- Pharmacy and Administrative Services Site (110 East Routt Avenue) - 8:30am and 4:30pm (Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday) or 9:00am and 4:30pm (Wednesday)
- Park Hill Clinic (1302 East 5th Street) - 8:30am and 4:30pm (Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday) or 9:00am and 4:30pm (Wednesday)
- Colorado Clinic (300 Colorado Avenue) - Colorado Clinic 8:30 – 6:30 (Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday), 9:00 am to 6:30 on Wednesday, or 8:30 – 4:30 on Friday
Please read the list below and make sure you have all items that are needed for registration. When you arrive for your Registration appointment, you will be seen in the order that you check-in. In order to decrease wait times, please bring the correct documentation (see below). Please be aware that the Enrollment Representative will NOT register you and or your family if you have missing documentation— you will be asked to return with all necessary documentation.
What do I need to bring to register?
For each person in need of medical assistance (self; self and spouse; or self, spouse and children), please provide the following information:
- Colorado ID or Driver’s License for everyone over age 16
- Proof of Lawful Presence (if applicable)
- Social Security Cards/Numbers for everyone
- Proof of household income for the current or previous month
- Completed Colorado State Affidavit if spouse not present at the time of registration
What type of income is received in the household?
Employment Income - All Household check stubs, with dates, for a complete month (pay stubs or signed statement on company letterhead verifying gross income for the current month, if it’s complete, or the previous month).
Social Security Income - statement
Self-Employment - Profit and Loss for the prior or current month if completed Non-working income - self-declared.
Income or Aid from Family or Friends - Written statement from an individual that you may be living with to determine how your bills are being paid.