Helping first-time parents succeed with their first pregnancy
With your first pregnancy...
You may have mixed feelings and be unsure about the future. The Nurse-Family Partnership program can help. Our nurses are here to answer your questions and listen to your concerns.
This is a voluntary program and the services are provided to qualified Pueblo and Huerfano County residents at no cost to you.
Your personal Registered Nurse Home Visitor will meet with you and help you:
- find answers to your questions about being pregnant
- make healthy choices about your diet and pregnancy
- prepare you for labor and delivery
After you deliver your baby...
Your Nurse Home Visitor will continue to visit until your child is two-years-old. They will:
- give you information about breast- and bottle-feeding
- provide helpful advice to make parenting easier
- teach you about normal growth and development
- inform you about child health and safety issues
- help you plan for the future