Pueblo Community Health Center began providing primary health care services to Pueblo’s underserved population in 1983. Originally housed on the grounds of the Colorado State Hospital, Pueblo Community Health Center moved to St. Mary-Corwin Hospital in 1986. In 1987, the organization purchased a building at 110 East Routt Avenue, which is currently where the administrative offices are located.
In 2000, Pueblo Community Health Center acquired and renovated the 2030 Lake Avenue site to further expand our capacity to provide dental services. Primary health care services are also provided through a satellite facility at 328 Avondale Boulevard in the rural community of Avondale; Homeless patients may receive medical care at Posada, a local homeless services center centrally located in downtown Pueblo at 1008 North Grand Avenue.
In October 2002, Pueblo Community Health Center opened Park Hill Medical Health Center at 1302 East Fifth Street in the heart of Pueblo’s most underserved neighborhood. In July 2005, Pueblo Community Health Center opened the lower level of the Park Hill site and added a patient pharmacy.
In November 2009, Pueblo Community Health Center completed construction and opened the doors of the Colorado Avenue Clinic at 300 Colorado Avenue. This 41,000 square foot facility was further expanded in 2014 and added 7,000 additional square feet and capacity to serve 10,000 new patients in the coming years.
Mission, Vision & Core Values
To provide primary health care to those in need.
To be the primary health care provider of choice in Pueblo County by providing top quality care through accessibility, leadership and financial independence.